TextStyle is a seamless, secure way for customers to make curated purchases from their salesperson or personal stylist using text messaging. With the launch of TextStyle, Nordstrom is now the only retail company in the U.S. that offers customers who opt in the ability to shop and buy with a text message.
In 2014, the retailer launched NEXT, an opt-in, secure one-to-one service that lets Nordstrom customers who prefer texting to communicate with their salesperson using their smartphone. TextStyle leverages the security, privacy and capabilities built into the Nordstrom NEXT texting service.
"TextStyle is an important step forward in our continued efforts to develop ways to serve customers on their terms," said Jamie Nordstrom, president of stores. "For customers who prefer text messaging, TextStyle is a way for our salespeople to provide a personalized styling experience and for customers to view and buy seamlessly with the convenience and simplicity of a text message, wherever and whenever they like."
How to use TextStyle
- Customers using their NEXT texting account opt-in to use TextStyle.
- Using TextStyle, a customer or salesperson sends a private text message with a description or photo of a product.
- If the customer likes any of the recommended items, they can purchase by simply replying "buy" plus a unique code.
- The purchase is completed using the customer's Nordstrom.com account information.
- Items ship directly to the customer with Nordstrom free standard delivery.
TextStyle and NEXT are built with the customer privacy and security in mind. NEXT is an opt-in-only texting platform developed by Nordstrom and Twilio that provides Nordstrom salespeople a unique 10-digit number for one to one text communication with their customers.