Have a laundry plan of attack to keep clothing colors bright and make stains disappear
- Buy a sneaker dryer bag to eliminate the loud banging from your shoes.
- To prevent color fading, toss your clothes in the wash with a teaspoon of salt for a brighter look.
- Wash dark clothes inside out to keep them from fading. The detergent won’t drain the color and this easy trick will keep favorite shirts and pants looking newer longer.
- Save time, energy and money by throwing a dry towel into the dryer with wet laundry – this will reduce moisture in the machine and speed up the drying process.
- Remove underarm stains with a homemade recipe instead of bleach or stain sticks. Mix Dawn dishwashing liquid, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda to create a scrub that gets stunning results.
- Remove grease stains with a piece of chalk. Even if you have already washed a garment hoping soap and water would do the trick, that stain isn’t a permanent part of your wardrobe and chalk can still save the day.
For more than half a century, Downy has brought softness, freshness and other fabric enhancements to countless loads of laundry. Because we all want our clothes to feel and smell good all day long, and for the style to wear out before the fabric does. And just as importantly, there's a confidence that comes with being comfortable in our clothes.
Learn more Downy.
Thank you for taking the time to read laundry tips blog post. We hope that you have found these suggestions to be informative. If you have comments or questions regarding laundering clothing, please add your thoughts in the discussion area below.