This August, SOURCING at MAGIC will have a focus on sustainability.
The show will bring Industry vets from well known brands like Levi Strauss, Under Armour, and Eileen Fisher, together to give their expertise on the topic of sustainability during these seminar panels:
It's Not Where You Source - It's How! Finding the Right Product for Today's Consumer
The industry is now taking a look at issues other than the “where” and the price. Today, the right product meets the consumers’ needs not just for price, but also for design, quality, and speed. And often, the right product must be produced in an ethical, sustainable way—even if it increases the price. Get insight into how these experts source—and gain intelligence on how you can meet the needs of YOUR consumer.
MODERATOR: Julie Hughes, President, U.S. FASHION INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
- David Miller, Sr. VP, HUDSON BAY CORPORATION (The Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Home Outfitters, HBC Digital, HBC Outlets)
- Amy Leonard, V.P. of Sourcing, STITCH FIX
- Michael Kabori, VP of Sustainability, LEVI STRAUSS
When our competitors zig, we zag. We envision a future built on responding to the voice of the customer by making where we sell—local-for-local. This changes everything—from conceptual line plans, to product development, flow, sourcing, turn, and replenishment. Every aspect of the business is changing. This keynote presentation will discuss our vision in terms of underlying assumptions and the process changes required to lead the world in a changing marketplace.
MODERATOR: Dr. Karen Kyllo, Deputy Vice President, GLOBAL SOFTLINES AT SGS USA, SGS NORTH AMERICA
- Keith Hoover, Vice President, Material Process & Color Innovation, UNDER ARMOUR
As our industry and our consumer looks to integrate sustainable garments and footwear into their mix, small to large size brands and retailers are learning how to evolve their products and practices into the new fashionable sustainable global market.
- Scott Miller, Director of Business Development, SUSTAINABLE APPAREL COALITION
- Guru Khalsa, Sustainability Manager, COLUMBIA SPORTSWEAR
- Shona Quinn, Sustainability Leader, EILEEN FISHER
- Matthew Betcher, Creative Director, ALLIED FEATHER & DOWN CORP